Using the Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GWMMO) Tool
Who should use the GWMMO tool?
VCU faculty and staff that were using a VCU Health System (VCUHS) email address (@vcuhealth.org) that need to migrate all their emails, contacts, and calendar items to their @vcu.edu Google account.
What do I need to do prior to starting to use this tool?
You will need a PST backup file created by Outlook that contains all of your emails, contacts, and calendar items to be migrated. If you have not created one yet, instructions can be found here:
Make sure to save your PST backup file in an easily accessible place on your computer such as the Desktop or your Documents/Downloads folder and remember where it is located.
How do I use the GWMMO tool?
1. Download the GWMMO Tool by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gsmmo/ and clicking on the link to Download GWMMO under the Recommended for Users heading as seen below:
2. Locate the downloaded file in your Chrome browser or in your Downloads folder and double-click it to begin the installation process:
3. When this dialogue box pops up, click on Run:
4. You should see a progress box pop up on the screen:
5. Next, a dialogue box should pop up and prompt you for your @vcu.edu email address:
6. A web browser window will pop up and ask you to confirm the Google account that you entered in the first box:
7. After choosing your vcu.edu account, it will ask for permission to access your email, contacts, calendar, etc in order to complete the migration. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Allow to continue to the next step:
8. After clicking Allow, you should see a successful completion message in your web browser and the application dialogue box should pop back up:
9. Use the dropdown menu to select “From PST File(s)” and leave the radio button on “Migrate only new data” to prevent any duplicate emails, calendar items, etc: