Email accounts & mailboxes can be delegated to multiple people for shared use.
A request for a shared mailbox can be submitted at https://go.vcu.edu/SOMTicket
After access to a mailbox has been delegated, it may take up to 1 hour for the changes to take effect.
Adding Mailbox to Outlook (Windows, macOS, Outlook Web Access)
Windows Outlook client
- Click File
- Click Account Settings, then select Account Settings again
- Select your @VCUHealth.org account and click Change
- Click More Settings
- Click the Advanced tab, and under Open These Additional Mailboxes click Add.
- Type the full email address of the shared mailbox in the Add Mailbox window. Click OK.
- The mailbox will now be listed under Open These Additional Mailboxes.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Click Next and then choose Finish
- The mailbox should now appear in the navigation pane.
- It may take some time for the mailbox to fully load all email, especially if it contains a large amount of email.
macOS Outlook client
- Open Outlook Preferences
- Go to Accounts
- Open Advanced
- Go to the Delegates tab
- Under Open these additional mailboxes: click the + to add the mailbox
- Type in the mailbox address to search, choose the appropriate result, and click Add
- Click OK to go back to Accounts. You can now close out of Preferences
- The mailbox will begin to load, it may take a few minutes. You’ll see two new entries on your left sidebar. An entry for All Accounts and one for the new mailbox you added.
Optional: Outlook Web Access
Login to OWA & click More in the left sidebar
Right click on your name > Select Add Shared Folder
Search for the mailbox you want to add
Find the mailbox & click once to select it & click Add
The shared mailbox will now appear in the left sidebar